Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Kinga Global is looking for an experienced and talented UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in Agile teams, with developers, UX designers and copywriters. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
As a UI Designer, You
- Work closely with UX team to illustrate design ideas using storyboards, sketch, process flow or graphic elements;
- Adhere to brand standards & guidelines
- Work with product managers, researchers, and engineers to understand developer needs and use their feedback to design intuitive, user-friendly experiences that meet their needs.
- Develop UI mockups, components and prototypes for mobile app, web or other digital forms;
- Conduct layout adjustment based on user feedback;
- Prepare and present UI design to internal teams and key stakeholders;
- Balance user needs with business objectives to ensure both sides are represented in design decision resulting in the best possible outcome for both.
- Design low-fi concepts to get stakeholder alignment and solicit user feedback. Polish hi-fi prototypes to solidify user experience and communicate design intentions with developers.
- Collaborate with user research to test designs, analyze feedback and iterate.
- Design interfaces beginning at all stages includes; concept, wireframe, prototyping, and final execution
- Passionate about creating a world-class consumer-facing user experience
- Must be a self-starter, willing to work with a great degree of complexity and autonomy
- Must possess ruthless attention to detail and eye for aesthetics (both visual and oral)
- Ability to hit deadlines (both long-term and fire-drill) with excellent results
- Willingness to diligently spec all UI elements, and desire and passion to develop creative ideas, concepts, and new ways of doing things
- Knowledge of user research methodologies and when to apply them
- Solid understanding of user-centered design methodologies, responsive web design principles, and mobile design.
- Effective at communication using a range of design artifacts such as personas, IA, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and related documents.
- Exhibit a balance between strategic design thinking and tech and design tool know-how
- A good understanding of the technical implications of your design choices
- Naturally solution-oriented and able to quickly adapt and offer ideas
- Strong partner and collaborator with other creatives as well as to client services and project management teams
- Willingness to go above and beyond to achieve excellence and capable of working in a collaborative environment
- Empathetic and inclusive
Set Yourself Apart
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, -Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research.
- Team spirit, strong interpersonal and communication skill
- Good time-management skills
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools and techniques
- Demonstrate an ability to think strategically and work with various forms of input from critique, user testing and market feedback.
- You are flexible and efficient – comfortable with ambiguity and exercising a balance between inspiration, bias, and rigorous research in order to move quickly from planning to conducting a project, synthesizing insights, and informing opportunities.
- Experience working with 3rd party/outsourced design firms a big plus
- Provide an online portfolio that exhibits detailed design thinking and problem-solving in regards to the overall user experience.
Kinga values people who are optimistic, collaborative, who take ownership, can learn from
Interested in joining our team? We’d love to speak with you.
Please mail email@example.com with your CV and the reasons you feel you’d be well suited to this position.
Kinga is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.