Type Contract 6 – 18 months
Kinga is a design thinking lead management consultancy. We place solving customer pains by following an iterative process that co-creates with customers at the centre of what we do. We place resources on site but also deliver work off-site with our unique models.
We are seeking a Junior Designer to join our Team. We are looking for an individual with experience in executing and working with teams through concept ideation, UI/UX concepting, delivery, flows and strategy, and working across multiple mediums.
We are looking for someone with both breadth and key areas of focused expertise: if you’re a creative thinker with a strong portfolio and a passion for designing beautiful, unique and thoughtful digital user experiences, we should talk.
What we are looking for:
- Strong portfolio and elevated sense of design: you know the difference between “good” and “great” and are able to work through team dynamics, clients and timelines to deliver excellent design.
- Systems thinking: you can logically visualize complex systems, information architectures, user interaction flows and beautiful user interfaces.
- User centered perspective: You understand and can articulate a human-centered approach to design and be comfortable going out into the world for inspiration.
- Prototyping skills: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. You have experience in creating both low and high fidelity design deliverables.
- Team skills: You work best in a participatory, team-based environment. You support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of all aspects of interaction design deliverables.
- Communication skills: You have strong verbal and visual presentation skills. You demonstrate a clear “point‐of‐view” relating to their design. You understand the value of design and brand within a business context.
- Consulting chops: You should feel comfortable throughout all phases of a project, from translating verbal ideas into visual concepts, through design development and refinement, to creating production-ready artwork.
- NQF level 4
- Required: Diploma in Graphic Design
- Preferred: Relevant B Degree (Fine Arts or Graphic Design)
- Essential: 6 months – 2 years’ work experience in Graphic Design- or Agency
- Experience of doing ‘hands-on’ visual design working on multiple, large scale
- projects across a wide range of platforms and devices – for example, desktop
- applications, mobile apps (iOS and Android) and web (including transactional
- sites). The ideal candidate will have a broad spread of abilities across user
- interviews, persona development, storyboarding, wireframing, prototyping, and
- usability testing
- Deeply familiar with relevant design software, particularly, Adobe Photoshop and
- Illustrator (Indesign, After Effects and Fireworks would also be desirable)
- Experience of wireframing and prototyping using tools such as Axure, Omnigraffle and
- Experience of working to brand guidelines
- Be self-directed toward excellent work outcomes, comfort level in ambiguous,
non-rules based environments
- Excellent discretion, demonstrating sound judgment in dealing with confidential
dialogues and information
- Ability to travel occasionally
Kinga values people who are optimistic, collaborative, who take ownership, can learn from
Interested in joining our team? We’d love to speak with you.
Please mail email@example.com with your CV and the reasons you feel you’d be well suited to this position.
Kinga is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.