Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
The Design Lead works as a leader on the design team, supporting Kinga and the client. They direct the design with an eye towards strategy, to create stunning experiences across digital and physical channels. They manage people and processes to successfully deliver BAU as well as project requirements.
As a Design Lead, You
- Conceptualise, create & execute experiential elements, print, and digital design
- Directs the design team towards producing well-designed creative assets for use across digital, experiential, presentation and print
- Have an eye towards innovation, and always be looking to build and implement new techniques and processes across the team
- Drive consistency across all creative assets throughout each project
- Manage scheduling & assigning work to direct reports, while meeting deadlines & requests by teams
- Manage a small team of designers, providing guidance and mentorship throughout the process
- Establish and communicate effective design processes, based your knowledge of great user-centered design principles and your practical experience with how a design team operates effectively in an agile project environment.
- Develop & drive the user experience vision for multiple products & platforms, and garner support for this vision among your organizational peers.
- Use data & insights (for example, usability study findings, shop-along data, market research findings as well as spikes in sales data, traffic, abandonment, engagement) to inspire new design directions, and teach your team to do the same.
- Adhere to brand standards & guidelines
- Exhibit a balance between strategic design thinking and tech and design tool know-how
- A good understanding of the technical implications of your design choices
- Naturally solution-oriented and able to quickly adapt and offer ideas
- Strong partner and collaborator with other creatives as well as to client services and project management teams
- Willingness to go above and beyond to achieve excellence and capable of working in a collaborative environment
- Empathetic and inclusive
Set Yourself Apart
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research.
- Mastery in two to three areas of expertise such as Service Design, UI, UX, CX, Visual Design, Interaction Design, or Content Design.
- Proven history of managing cross-functional teams to create a powerful, effective, and coherent design solution. Highly proactive with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Kinga values people who are optimistic, collaborative, who take ownership, can learn from
Interested in joining our team? We’d love to speak with you.
Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and the reasons you feel you’d be well suited to this position.
Kinga is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.