Type: Permanent /Part time
Kinga is a design thinking lead management consultancy. We place solving customer pains by following an iterative process that co-creates with customers at the centre of what we do. We place resources on site but also deliver work off-site with our unique models.
We are seeking a UX Designer to join our Team. We are looking for an individual with experience in executing and working with teams through concept ideation, UI concepting, flows and UX strategy, and working across multiple mediums.
We are looking for someone with both breadth and key areas of focused expertise: if you’re a creative thinker with a strong portfolio and a passion for designing beautiful, unique and thoughtful digital user experiences, we should talk.
What we are looking for:
Strong portfolio and elevated sense of design: you know the difference between “good” and “great” and are able to work through team dynamics, clients and timelines
to deliver excellent design.
- Systems thinking: you can logically visualize complex systems, information
architectures, user interaction flows and beautiful user interfaces.
- User centered perspective: You understand and can articulate a human-centered
approach to design and be comfortable going out into the world for inspiration.
- Prototyping skills: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process
and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. You have
experience in creating both low and high-fidelity design deliverables.
- Team skills: You work best in a participatory, team-based environment. You support
and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of all
aspects of interaction design deliverables.
- Communication skills: You have strong verbal and visual presentation skills. You
demonstrate a clear “point‐of‐view” relating to their design. You understand the value
of design and brand within a business context.
- Consulting chops: You should feel comfortable throughout all phases of a project,
from translating verbal ideas into visual concepts, through design development and refinement, to creating production-ready artwork.
- NQF Level 6
- Masters or Degree in a Design discipline such as product, industrial, service,
interaction, digital or visual design or equivalent qualification
- 6 years + Technical experience
- Able to create and use personas and produce illustrated customer journeys Ability to communicate ideas through drawing, digital tools, prototyping, model
- Two (2) years’ experience conducting audience and usability research including
benchmarking, heuristic reviews, surveys, analytics, stakeholder interviews, focus groups, contextual inquiry, and usability testing.
- Two (5) years’ experience in each of the usability and software engineering cycle phases (analysis, design, implementation, and deployment)
Kinga values people who are optimistic, collaborative, who take ownership, can learn from failure.
Interested in joining our team? We’d love to speak with you.
Please mail email@example.com with your CV and the reasons you feel you’d be well suited to this position.
Kinga is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.